PAHQ offers School and AfterSchool Instrumental Music tuition in:
- Acoustic, Electric and Bass Guitar
- Classical Singing
- Contemporary Singing
- ...and more!
PreSchool Music/Drama Classes
Pre-School Music/Drama classes are an invaluable prelude to singing, learning a musical instrument and self-expression through drama and music games, simple action songs and movement. Working in small groups, students are introduced to the concepts of beat, rhythm and pitch through music games, singing, dancing, make believe and imagination and the playing of musical instruments.
PAHQ also offers the following Ensembles:
- Bacchus Marsh Music Ensemble (BMME) - for advanced musicians
- Choral Integrity - for adult/advanced singers
- JIVE (Junior/Intermediate Vocal Ensemble) - for younger singers
- Amplified (Guitar Ensemble)
- IMPACT! (Senior Drum Ensemble) - for advanced musicians
- Drumstix (Junior Drum Ensemble) - for younger musicians
- Tangled Strings (String Ensemble) - for string players of all ages and experience
- Gale Force Winds (Wind Ensemble) - for wind instrument players of all ages and experience
PAHQ operates Instrumental Music Programmes through:
- Bacchus Marsh Primary School
- Darley Primary School
- Exford Primary School
- St. Bernards Primary School
Music Exams: Instrumental and Theory (Optional)
PAHQ students have the opportunity to sit both Practical Instrumental and Music Theory Exams. Music Exams can be a great way to set goals and assess musical progress but will not suit every student. PAHQ regularly enters students in Exams with the AMEB (Australian Music Examination Board) and ANZCA Limited (Australia & New Zealand Cultural Arts Limited). Exams can be sat twice a year and are generally held in Ballarat, Geelong or Metropolitan Melbourne. Students studying for a Practical Music Exam will also have to study Technical Work (scales & arpeggios), Music General Knowledge, Sight-Reading and Aural Skills (Listening) in addition to learning a selection of pieces. Students are graded and assessed by a specialist instrumental examiner appointed by the Exam company and receive a written evaluation of each section of the exam and a final mark.
If students are interested in finding out more about exams, please feel free to talk to your Instrumental Music Teacher for advice on whether sitting an exam is appropriate for you, and if so, which company and grade they recommend. Extra costs are involved in undertaking an external examination (this does not include examinations run by the Victoria Board of Education such as VCE Year 11 & 12 and VET Music). Further & current information can be obtained by contacting the PAHQ Office during Office Hours.